Saturday, May 20, 2006

Dan's birthday!

Today is Dan's birthday! He is 27! We as a couple aren't doing anything too special today because it's Taylor's graduation and I have a bridal shower to go to tonight, but Dan is going to an Over the Rhine concert tonight in Fort Wayne.

I have one more week of school left. I just wrote my last final, which means from here on out all my planning is finished and all I have is grading. Craziness! My goal is to be completely done by Friday so I don't have to come back during the weekend.

I got a job teaching in a program called Upward Bound this summer. I will be teaching English to high school students who will (hopefully) be the first generation in their family to go to college. The program is through Indiana Wesleyan University and is designed to give these students the same academic advantages that students growing up with college-educated parents have. I'll be working June 12-July 21, Monday-Friday, 8 am-12 pm. Half-days of teaching and hopefully not too much grading! I am excited and thankful for this opportunity!

4 comments:

Sam and Darcie Gutierrez said...

happy birthday DAN! Remember last summer, when we went to Maine, and the guys ruled!!!

Chloe @ A Creative Call said...

Happy Birthday, Dan! (a day late) I'm glad you guys have a blog. It's fun to read what's going on in your lives. Hope you had a great time at the concert.

Cassie and Kevin Zonnefeld said...

Happy Bday Dan. The ministry sounds cool! Congrats on finishing your first year Jules and God's blessings on your work this summer. Everything fell through with New Horizons--they wanted Cassie and I to be married by the end of June so we saw some obvious flags and chose to work on our relationship and God's leading in our lives. When I was unpacking some stuff from moving I found a thank you card that I thought I put in that magical blue box, but I guess I never got it there--but I do thank you for allowing Cas and I to stay at your place. I hope I get to see you guys again.

Kathlyn D said...

happy birthday dan!
i'm glad to hear you are both doing well...