Sunday, July 23, 2006

Maine, Here We Come!

Thanks for the book recommendations from the last post. I started reading Rabbit, Run and I felt more down than I was ready for, so I switched to Girlfriend with a Coma, a somewhat lighter read. I do intend on reading Rabbit, but I have to build up to it. I will look into Alice Munro, Katy, since I don't think I've read anything by her.

Dan and I leave for Maine tomorrow! We are planning on camping in West Virginia tomorrow, then heading to D.C. to see Eric's puppet show. After that we go up to Mass. to visit Caretaker Farm and Grampy (and Walden Pond). We plan on arriving in Maine on Friday; family, games, the beach, and seafood await! Yippie!

Dan and I watched Lady in the Water today. I was a bit apprehensive after hearing a poor review of the movie on NPR, but we liked it overall. Definitely not my favorite of his films, but the reviewer I heard said Shyamalan said it was his "most heartfelt work," and Shyamalan also had significant acting role in this one, so I wanted to see it. Anybody else see this yet?

4 comments:

Sam and Darcie Gutierrez said...

yeah, I saw it on Friday. I thought it was really good. Have a good time in maine! No licking people's hands, ok??!!

rebekah said...

oh man....caretaker farm...walden pond...the yummy little seafood shack on the ocean...i want to be in maine right now with you...oh yeah and remember those pools of water that i of course fell in and tried to save my camera from the water :)

Liz said...

i saw it, and i was definitely entertained. i liked that shyamalan had a bigger role, and if anything, i just appreciate his creativity and imagination.

spain dad said...

...and by the way, how was Eric's show? I'm absolutely shattered that April and I couldn't be there to see it.