Last night julie and I and our friends the Bitner's sat down and watched a short documentary on life in Northern Uganda. Little did we know that we were going to be called to do. In fact here is the first stage in our response- telling others the story of Uganda.
I am compelled to tell because, what does the Lord require of us? But to love mercy, to act justly, and to walk humbly before our God. Here is an opportunity for me, you, and all of us to do just as Micah 6:8 is talking about. Click here first
Invisible Children
Second, mark your calendars for Oct 9-10 weekends and plan to make some calls. I have been to D.C. to lobby twice in my life on various issues, and trust me one phone call does make a difference.
Thank you and let us keep this dialogue going . . .
2 comments:
Hey Dan,
Good stuff. I walked with a group in Winnipeg in the spring to raise awareness and do a bit of lobbying. We starated at our legislative building with some speeches from MPs and such and then walked for a couple of hours to our university campus and slept outside for the night. It was more than worth it. It's quite a video. Thanks for the reminder.
Thanks, Budge. I hadn't thought to put a link to that on my blog. Did you know Uganda is where I went a couple times back in the day?
Post a Comment