Monday, October 27, 2008

Our Literate Baby

So I know Harper is not even 3 months old, but I'm pretty sure he somehow read what I wrote in my last post and decided that things were a little too rosy for his mom. Remind me not to post when things are happy! Just kidding, sort of. The day after I wrote that post, the fussiness began again - and I mean the inconsolable type of fussiness, the type that refuses the rocker and will only respond to pacing, pacing, and more pacing, and then sometimes won't respond to that either. We think Harper might be teething, which, looking at it from his perspective, cannot be pleasant. Does anyone remember the feeling of their baby teeth fighting their way through their gums? No, because we were all too little! But I'm sure it hurts.

On a positive note, Harper has his moments of smiles and giggles (he laughed for the first time on Saturday!), which last for about 15-20 minutes during the "I-just-ate-and-am-loving-life" time periods of the day. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Julie, I remember the pacing and inconsolable screaming all too well. We're still stocked up on fennel and catnip. :) By number three I refused to let the doctor use the word colic as though not using the word made it less real. I thought Gid was teething the first four months of his life. Funny thing is he ended up not getting that first tooth until he was a year old! I'll pray for you and little Harper. I wish we lived closer so we could share - and have Att and Harper closer.

And enjoy the reading. I have such fond memories of reading and nursing Gid. It's such a special, special time b/twn you and Baby 1.

Lar said...

Yeah, unfortunately I have to agree with lynnp. We've thought Corrie was teething about 4 times now. But no, just wearing her fussy-pants. We have a happy baby now. Unfortunately, she's happy at 11 pm. All smiles and bright eyes when we're getting tired.

And my memories of nursing and reading are a bit foggy...although I like to read Harper's when Becca's nursing.

Lar said...

PS, if you want to see pictures, join facebook. Come on, get with the 21st century. That's where all the cool kids hang out.

Kauffman Adventures said...

It's so funny how Oliver can be so happy some weeks, and then the grouchies come out the next. He is 8 months and yet, no teeth. I think they grow and then recede. There are some days where he is biting so much and grouchy, so that's when I think. it is happening. for the most part he is fun to be around. He is making all sorts of sounds now. He says ddd- for dog and hi. It's really cute.
I know that Harper will get there too,, but it's no fun when they are fussy.