Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Craziness

That is the best way to define my day. We only have three days this week, so the students are already more resistant to learning than usual. We also moved from the learning center to the high school today, because our room was ready (the high school is under construction in three phases). We get to our room (which is the size of a large office) and find we have three TVs, many boxes, and no desks. I took my students to the computer lab and the library, which was fine, but added to the craziness. One of my students told me stories about her home life, which is not abusive but less than pleasant. We had various computer problems. Then, on my way back to our office-classroom from the library at the end of the day, I run into one of my students from 5th period who is crying. So I talk to her and find out she got suspended for a day for disrespecting a teacher, so we went to talk to Joe and there wasn't anything we could really do about it but we still felt bad (and I'm starting to write sentences with structure similar to my students - this is not a good thing). I realize that this all probably doesn't sound so bad, but it adds up.

Soon I will go home and have a rum and coke or ten. : )

2 comments:

Cassie and Kevin Zonnefeld said...

Hang in there Jules. Rum is not the answer--just remember that:)

Books said...

I'm going to have to disagree. Rum IS the answer. Especially when its vanilla. You're doing great Jules hang in!