Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Tired

I am at some friends' apartment right now, babysitting their sleeping girls. It's warm here and they have the Internet - yippie!

I am very tired from getting up so early and teaching/working with kids all day. I like working with ESL students, and though it takes less planning so far than at Blackford, in some ways it takes more energy. Today I taught the middle school boys for the first time, and we had a discussion on groups/fitting in, and it went pretty well. By that I mean, it was loud and crazy and sometimes off-topic, but they got into it. I also received a compliment from Isaac, who I'd talked to earlier about being in college/student teaching. During the lesson he asked me how long I would be teaching, and I told him I wasn't sure (I didn't want to say how long and then hear, "THAT LONG! WE HAVE TO HAVE YOU FOR THAT LONG!). He then told me I was doing a good job and that I'd definitely pass my class. :)

On a much sadder note, I found out about a student in one of my classes who is half my age and has already had a baby. There are more details, but I don't think it's be appropriate to put them one the blog. Sadness.

No comments: