Today is my second day of teaching Upward Bound, and so far it is going well. There is a huge difference between teaching seniors and freshmen! The freshmen (who just finished 8th grade) are so quiet, obedient, and respectful - I love it! The seniors (who just finished grade 11) always have an opinion, which actually makes class quite fun and entertaining.
My second new job will start in the fall at Yorktown High School - yes, I got a full-time teaching job! I interviewed with them on Tuesday, and they called Tuesday night and said that I interviewed really well and that I should call them if another school were to offer me a job (because they had more interviews and wouldn't make a final decision till Friday). The principal called me around 7:30 Friday night, offering me the position, and I made my final decision yesterday (after a very stressful yet trying to be peaceful weekend). I still can't believe it! I am VERY thankful for the position, though.
3 comments:
Congratulations Julie!
That's awesome! Congratulations.
YEAH SHMULIE!!
I knew you'd find a job easily. That school is one lucky dog. I'm calling you....soon.
Post a Comment