Monday, January 01, 2007

Christmas Break Highlights

Today is officially my last day of Christmas break; tomorrow I go back to school. I think the hardest part about going back to school tomorrow will be getting up at 5:55 am when we've been going to bed between 1 and 2 am and waking up (without the alarm!) around 10 am. I may have a strange sort of jet lag this week.

Anyway, here are some highlights:
  • ice skating downtown Chicago at Millenium Park with Bekah and Dan
  • almost beating Megaman 4 on Nintendo (Bekah, why didn't you use the energy pellet?!) :)
  • playing Loaded Questions and Dutch shuffleboard with the fam
  • holding Tristan, my adorable baby nephew
  • spending time with old friends: Jacque, Jeremy, Nat, Nicki
  • beating everyone at Clue!!! (yes, I'm still gloating - I know it's immature) :)
  • making up games with Kyle, Bekah, and Dan
  • reading John Updike's Terrorist
  • playing Ultimate Frisbee in the mud and getting so muddy that when we rinsed our clothes off in the tub (yeah, we know now that was NOT a good idea) that our shower clogged (this happened yesterday and the plumber is coming tomorrow - argh)
  • drinking champagne, talking, laughing, and taking New Year's Eve pictures with the Bitners and Oehrigs

That's all for now! Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New years Dan and Julie I miss you
Joshua