Julie and I's way of sharing our lives to our friends and family. Enjoy, post, comment, and reflect!
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Obama Rally
This morning Dan and I had the opportunity to hear Barack Obama speak at one of the local high schools! Dan went to get tickets yesterday morning, but they were gone by 10:40 - and the shop with the tickets opened at 10:00. We were pretty bummed, but this morning at 7:30 we got a phone call! One of my students volunteers for the Obama campaign and had two tickets for us, so we booked it over to Marion, waited in line for a while, and then got to hear him speak. I was fairly certain I was going to vote for him in the primary election (May 6 for Hoosiers) before today, and now I'm going to for sure, but I'm still up in the air for the general election. I hear so many conflicting opinions and ideas from people I love and trust on both sides - it's hard to know what's the truth sometimes - not that I'm going to use that as my cop-out. I've just got a lot of research ahead of me in the next few months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
He came through our neck of the woods and we missed him. :( I sure would have liked to have seen him live.
Post a Comment