Thursday, December 04, 2008

An Egg, A Walk, and Chaco

Normally my walks with Chaco are a little stressful, primarily because he doesn't little to me when it's time to go back in his kennel. (Just for the record, he used to listen to me more, but ever since Harper was born, I've spent much less time with him.)

Anyway, Dan told me to have Chaco sniff an egg before I took him on a walk this afternoon, then put the egg in my pocket, which I did. Then, when we were at the creek crossing on our way home, I was supposed to show Chaco the egg and say "Go kennel," which I did (although I interjected the "to" into that command - I just can't do without the preposition!). Chaco went right to his kennel and waited patiently for his egg - it was amazing! Dogs - especially our dear Chaco - are smarter than we (or I should say "I") give them credit for.

1 comment:

Sam and Darcie Gutierrez said...

remember when Chaco ate my chaco?
that dog.