Sunday, October 10, 2004

Sunday Life

Ahhh, the sabbath rest. Feels so great after a very long week . . .


Ya, Julie and Rebekah had Tri state break since Wed night so they met their mom in Omaha and had a girls weekend. I of course, stayed home and dutifully worked a 60 hour week. Yup, Sat 8 hrs and it was a drag, but the pay is good for now. I spent the evening hours while she was gone hanging out with friends and catching up on some reading. Ben Slager, a friend from college is here for the weekend as well, so we have just been hanging out and talking. Its been great. Julie got back Sat afternoon, so it was good to be together again. I didn't get a chance to see the debates on Thurs, but I heard Bush performed much better. Anyhow, I currently working on writing a little blurb on how I can vote for Kerry dispite his pro-choice stance. It is a huge issue for people around here and I am feeling convicted to attempt to explain my reasoning. Anyways, more on that later, Over and Out.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dan, how come you didn't mention me in this weekend's activities??? Oh... I see how it is.

Ps. I love you.

sam

Anonymous said...

Budge,

Anonymous said...

Budge, you should watch the 2nd Presidential Debates on CSPAN. The 2nd half was very good as they finally got into domestic issues. Kerry spoke adequately about the abortion issue and embryonic stem cell research. Although, he made it sound like we HAD to use emryonic stem cells (instead of umbillical or other stem cells) to cure Parkinson's and other diseases.
Hey, did you change your minds and decide to come out here for Thanksgiving? You'll be able to see the new baby, and of course Gideon is a blast.

Anonymous said...

Dan Says,
Yes bear, Julie and I are planning to drive down over Thanksgiving! Nothing like a roadie!!! We will get there Thurs noon, so Thanksgiving meal, Thur night maybe???
Dan P

Anonymous said...

AndyP says: I don't know what the schedule is, but there will be food! Can't wait to see ya!

Anonymous said...

Mattp: Bear what is this stuff about convincing Budgie to go to youre place! That not fair because you are having a baby and everything! Man I guess I just have to have another one to get Budgie to visit.

I'm glad you guys will be able to get together!

Anonymous said...

AndyP: Matt, you guys are welcome too! What are your Christmas plans? We are going to try to get up to Maine...

Fly Fisher said...

Bear, we are probably just going to Winnipeg for Christmas. We will get out to Maine next summer. It's tought for me to get a lot of time off during the Holidays since that is when most of my empoyees take off.

Thanks for the invite.

Dana Perkins said...

Dan,

Do you have your settings on so that anyone can comment? Go to Settings\comments and change the default from 'Only Registered Users' to 'Anyone' OR go to the members tab and put down all your friends, brothers and parents. This way it is easier to see who is commenting.