Monday, January 24, 2005

A jaunt about Europe

Recently, Julie and I have began the background research for our month and one week trip plan for seeing Europe. We are begininng to establish a rough itinerary and it is very exciting. Fly into Dublin May 23, visit Ireland for a couple of days, take a flight from Dublin to Amsterdam and stay with our friends Lar and Becca. Oh wait, what about England. Can we just fly over England? Pass her over like she isn't even worth considering? Yes, I think so (plans can always change when two brains try to work as one) England is on my low list of places to visit. Of course I begin talking to someone who has been there and I almost become convinced. The Swiss Alps are calling me however.
With Lar and Becca we plan to hangout for a long weekend and just do as they do and see what they see. Maybe visit Julie's distant relatives? From there it is off to Madrid, Spain to see Kelly and April Crull. We will begin a 10 day pilgrimage of Santiago! (http://www.jacobeo.net/eng/index.htm)
Maybe help them move and then off to our next destination. Julie wants to go to Italy (her country of choice) where will will see Rome maybe, the sea, olive trees, and possibly stay in a convent for a while. Germany will be next where we hope a friend will have a place for us to stay and we can hike the country side and day trip to various cities. Next is Switzerland where we hope to visit L'ybri and the Alps. By then I imagine it will be about the end of June and we will return to Indiana and then begin our travels to various family members. Exciting stuff and getting gritty in the details. Julie and I commented that we are planning this more than we did for our wedding. Guess you can tell where our priorities are . . . Well, must be off to bed. Over and out. Dan P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AndyP says: Take us! Take us! London is expensive so we didn't stay there long, but Canterbury and the surrounding area were definitely worth seeing for the coundtryside and little villages.

Anonymous said...

I CAN NOT BELIEVE YOU WOULD DISS ENGLAND LIKE THAT! IT IS THE MOTHER LAND! I DO NOT EVEN KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!

I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND SPENDING AT LEAST ON SUNDAY IN THE ANGLICAN COMMUNION!!