Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Julie's Perspective

A new semester started for me yesterday, and I am excited to be back at Dordt and taking classes. It's hard to believe that this will be my LAST semester on Dordt's campus as an undergraduate student, leaving me with one semester of student teaching next fall. I still remember that day three and a half years ago that my parents dropped me off at my apartment in building D in east campus apartments . . . how things have changed!

As for our decision to go to Taylor University next fall, I am very excited! I never thought I'd be moving back to my home state, but then I never thought I'd marry a farmer either, so I guess that goes to show that things don't always go the way I think they will :). I'm excited for Dan to get back into the academic world while still being able to do lots of hands-on work through the program, and I'm excited to be closer to my family (2 hours from my brother and 3 hours from my parents and grandparents). We'll also be only 9 hours from Bear, Lynn, and our two nephews in Atlanta, so they should be easier to visit too!

As for the present, I have a good line-up of classes this semester, and, although I've only gone to each class once, I think my favorites are going to be the History of the English Language and Reading and Writing Poetry. Now I'm off to do some homework . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited that you're excited! Love, Mom