Well, Dan left this morning at 3:20 am for the Dominican Republic - tonight I will be sleeping alone in our bed! So sad:( Fortunately, I have been busy hanging out with friends (and now blogging) all afternoon and evening, so I haven't really missed Dan too much, but I know I will when I get home tonight . . . which might explain why I'm at the library right now instead of on our home computer . . .
In case you're wondering what Sparkle Motion is about, it's the name of my "dance team" here at Dordt. I, along with four of my friends, tried out for the talent show this evening at 6 pm. We're doing a rendition of the dance routine from Donnie Darko (it's a movie if you don't know what I'm talking about - it's weird but interesting). Since the movie is set in the 80's, we thought it would only be appropriate if we got together an hour before our routine and get ready with blue and purple eyeshadow, bright pink lipstick, and 80's hairstyles while dancing around to the best of Tom Petty:) We find out tomorrow if we make it in the show . . . .
Anyway, time for some poetry reading and thinking about a thesis for my literary analysis on Silas Marner! Good night!
2 comments:
AndyP says: Did you get any pictures from the Donnie Darko dance getup? Somehow I think you would have fit right in with the 80s, except for the bang thing. Fortunately, you were born too late to really get into it.
Pictures will be coming . . . and as for the bang thing, well i wasn't so fortunate - I'll just have to show you some pictures of me in fifth grade next time we get together :)
Post a Comment