Spring break is over, but the memories live on! Dan and I spent spring break in Atlanta hanging out with Bear and Lynn and our adorable, creative, lively (and yes, loud) three nephews: Gideon, almost 3; Isaac, 18 months; Phineas, 5 weeks. Needless to say, we were never bored!
Dan and I actually felt like we were job shadowing Lynn for the first day. On the second day, Lynn trusted us so much that she let us branch out into the internship phase: we took Gideon and Isaac to the Botanical Gardens and Piedmont Park. I was amazed at how many smiles I received from adults. Having kids brings so much attention! At the park, a woman who spoke little English just pointed to Isaac and said (with a smile), "Big boy!" after he bravely through himself down the slide, laughing as he fell into the wood chips. I felt like a proud mother - but now quite ready to be a mother. Keep up the good work, Lynn and Bear!
School is back in session and going well. Today in American Lit. we read "The Story of an Hour" and had a lively discussion on love, marriage, and divorce. Classes like that make teaching so worth it!
3 comments:
yes, kate chopin is delightful. well, sort of...i mean, delightful in that i-just-got-kicked-in-the-face-but-it-was-good sort of way.
hey julie...i miss you too. things here are going good. I am starting to freak out a bit because we really don't have that much time left...and the time i do have left is CRAZY INSANO BUSY!!!!
so as long as i get my homework in and i make it through my trips, i will see you in about a month!!! :)
did you mean to say you are "now quite ready to be a mother"? Is there a hidden announcement in there somewhere??
Post a Comment