Julie and I's way of sharing our lives to our friends and family. Enjoy, post, comment, and reflect!
Tuesday, April 25, 2006
Procrastinating
I am blog-surfing right now (well, I am actually posting RIGHT now). What am I supposed to be doing? Two of my least favorite things in the world: applying for jobs and grading. Someone please give me a motivational speech.
You can do it, Jules. I'm right with you when it comes to grading--I hate it. Especially at the end of the year when you can practically smell summer and everything is getting green. But you still do it, because you know that you can't help a student grow without those little assignments, without putting that feedback on the essay. That's what I'm telling myself, although it's hard to believe when the kids take the papers and then throw them (and all my labors of love) away seconds after class ends. *sigh* Keep plugging away--the end is in sight!
One of the few childhood memories I have is of a High School English Teacher who wrote useful comments on my papers and words of encouragement. Sadly I don't remember her name or even what she looked like. But I do know and remember well the desire she put into me to continue writing and the hope she gave me to continue trying. It's odd, but even after all these years I still feel connected to her because of the effort and undoubted sacrifice she made for me...
2 comments:
You can do it, Jules. I'm right with you when it comes to grading--I hate it. Especially at the end of the year when you can practically smell summer and everything is getting green. But you still do it, because you know that you can't help a student grow without those little assignments, without putting that feedback on the essay. That's what I'm telling myself, although it's hard to believe when the kids take the papers and then throw them (and all my labors of love) away seconds after class ends. *sigh* Keep plugging away--the end is in sight!
One of the few childhood memories I have is of a High School English Teacher who wrote useful comments on my papers and words of encouragement. Sadly I don't remember her name or even what she looked like. But I do know and remember well the desire she put into me to continue writing and the hope she gave me to continue trying. It's odd, but even after all these years I still feel connected to her because of the effort and undoubted sacrifice she made for me...
Post a Comment