Sunday, May 28, 2006

Free Woman

I am officially finished with my first semester of teaching - no more grading! At least until June 12, when I start my summer teaching job. I know this may be boring to some of you, but I have to share what my Saturday looked like because it was wonderful:
  • Woke up at 6:17 am after sleeping the ENTIRE night through without waking up once. When is the last time that happened?
  • Finished reading Summer Sisters by Judy Blume.
  • Cuddled with Dan and lay in bed for an hour or so.
  • Ate breakfast with Dan outside.
  • Packed a little.
  • Started mowing the lawn.
  • Went to an herb/garden center with my friend Jane for a couple hours.
  • Ate lunch.
  • Finished mowing the lawn.
  • Showered and went to a graduation party where we chatted with people for a couple hours.
  • Read our new cat book.
  • Went on a date with Dan to Indy: Barnes and Noble and Buca di Beppo's - bruschetta, salad with gorgonzola, red wine, lasagna, cheesecake, and after dinner drinks. Celebrating the accomplishments of the last year!
  • Came home and cuddled some more.

NOTICE THAT THERE WAS NO SCHOOLWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow we leave for DC!!!

3 comments:

Sam and Darcie Gutierrez said...

I want to cuddle with dan!

Jewels said...

I guess you'll just have to come visit us! Are you going to be by us next week at IWU?

KBush said...

Congrats on making it through your first semester! I know the feeling...I was at a loss last Saturday afternoon when I finished the rest of my grading...

Enjoy your summer!