Thursday, September 01, 2005

Confessions of an Overdramatic Idealist

I just wanted to say to those who want to be future teachers, like Kevin and Katy, please don't be frightened by my posts! I will try to be more positive in future posts, because there is so much that is good about teaching. I am just very new at all this, and I tend not to always deal so well with new experiences.

Something positive: My Creative Writing class is going well. Tomorrow we finish our poetry unit with a poetry reading! There are a couple students who are really talented, and the other students are trying and handing in work. Tuesday we start on writing short stories, and I think we might be play the bowl game when we're talking about character. Dan gave me the idea to use the bowl game b/c he wants to use it in one of his lessons (I have to give credit where credit is due!).

1 comment:

Sam and Darcie Gutierrez said...

your posts have been fun to read. I have a feeling that you are doing just fine Jules. I'd want to be in your class!