Sunday, January 15, 2006

On Dan's Behalf

Dan called me yesterday! I came home from babysitting in the morning (I was gone for 2 hours), and there was a message from Dan. After realizing I had missed my chance to talk to Dan, I had a momentary breakdown which including weeping on the stairs, but I had only had 5 hours of sleep and some yogurt (and it was 1 pm), so I think there were some physiological factors involved as well. Anyway, Dan called back later in the evening, and we talked for 10 minutes, which was WONDERFUL!!!!!

He is doing well. They are in Antigua now, and they start building a cistern tomorrow. This past week they were in the mountains, and they drilled a well for a village that had been without a nearby water source since Hurricane Stan last October. The locals received them warmly and helped with some of the work. Please pray for Dan as he continues to try to be bold in using his Spanish and reaching out with the message of Christ.

After 9 more sleeps, Dan and I will be re-united! This Wednesday I move in with the Guebert family (from where I'm blogging right now), while Carolyn (the wife of Mike, who's leading the team) and her youngest son go to Guatemala. I will be with the three older kids: Alyssa, a senior; Emily, a freshman; and Davis, a seventh grader. They are very cool and mature and fun to be around. Sammy, unfortunately, will be on his own for the most of the week, but I'm going to try to play with him every day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Budgie is doing well. I guess the number of 'sleeps' is one way to count time.

Sam and Darcie Gutierrez said...

Dan is the BEST!