Monday, January 23, 2006

Tired Monday

But I made it through. I did not sleep well last night, so I was a little yawny today. Also, my Advanced Composition students informed me that today is the most depressing day of the year. Apparently there are more suicides today than any other day. And guess what we were doing? Grammar. I gave them the little "fundamentals" speech, relating it to Hoosiers, and some of them got it. I'm going to show that clip later this week. :)

My language arts classes were a lot better today. One student (who's continuing the class from last semester) asked me if Mrs. Goble was coming back because she was so nice. I said, "No, I'm here all semester, so you probably want to pass this class as soon as possible." He said, "But I like this class. You're cool!" Unbelievable. I have handed out more referrals in that class than I thought possible. I met another teacher today who does ISTEP remediation, and she told me that she heard from her students that I was strict. She was very proud of me. :)

A fellow teacher brought me a card this morning saying she'd been praying for me all weekend, and she wrote some verses and part of hymn out for me. I felt so thankful I almost cried. God is faithful.

DAN COMES HOME IN ONE MORE SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Jewels said...

Thanks, Mom. :)