Saturday, January 21, 2006

Working Saturday

Today I graded 21 imitation essays from AP English in which they imitated the style of chapter 1 in The Things They Carried. Some were really good, others not so much. I've been avoiding these essays since Monday, and when I finished them today, I had that same glorious feeling of finishing a massive college writing assignment. I then graded 13 in-class essays from Advanced Comp. on the most disgusting thing ever. Those were pretty funny, except for one which was more like a scene out of a horror movie. Then I spent time planning for my next unit in AP. I am definitely ready to be finished with school work for the rest of the weekend.

Dan is (according to his schedule) in Tikal this weekend, which I believe are Mayan ruins. He's been there before, but I'm sure he'll enjoy it the second time around. From his email earlier this week, he is ready to come home. I agree.

1 comment:

Jewels said...

Yes! You've finally (sort of) joined the blogging community! I expect to see some posts some day soon - oh yeah, and I love the name of your blog. :)