Today I met with Mrs. Green, the principal from Eastbrook High School, which is the high school where most of the kids from Upland (where we live) go to school. One of their English teachers is taking next semester off because she's having a baby, and they need someone to take her place. (I heard about this job through someone I met at the Upland Labor Day Parade, just in case you're wondering. Small town dynamics.)
This English teacher is the head of the department and apparently an amazing woman. These are the classes I would be teaching if a)I was offered the job and b)I took the job.
American Literature
Advanced Composition
AP English
Workplace Communications (team-taught with a business teacher)
2 sections of Repeat English (I don't think that's the official name, but this is the class that has all the students (grades 9-12) who failed their regular English class)
Mrs. Green said that if I were to have this job, they would treat me as a first year teacher, with intense mentoring. I don't think it would be possible without intense mentoring.
I will find out in November if I will be offered the job. It would be an awesome opportunity in terms of learning and getting experience, but I honestly can't imagine right now (granted, this is probably a bad time to imagine it since I'm in the midst of my most intense period of student teaching) taking this job. I just want to be a waitress at Cracker Barrel.
3 comments:
Hey Julie! I have some friends in Upland/at Taylor. Their names are Marcia Ghali and Andrew Ulasich. If you want cool friends, look them up (we were in Egypt together.) Blessings on your teaching! I have full confidence in you.
Take it if it comes, craker barrel sucks. You have gifts, God gave you those for a reason.
Kevin, have you worked at Cracker Barrel? :) Thanks for the advice.
Margaret, thanks for the names. I will ask around. Thanks for the encouragment! Blessings to you as well.
Post a Comment