After many hours alone in the car, I made it safely back to Upland this morning. I had a great time in Sioux Center, thanks to the many friends and my dear sister who showed me hospitality. Thanks for letting being my roomie for the past week, Lins, and thank you to all who invited me over for dinner and conversation. Good times and good food!
Even though I had a great time in Sioux Center, I am very glad to be back. I didn't realize how much I'd missed Dan until I saw him again and he leaned down to kiss me and some snot from his nose fell on me. I'm not even joking. But I didn't even care because I was so happy to see him again!!!
Monday I start at Anderson teaching ESL. I need to be re-energized before then.
Peace.
7 comments:
I hope your joy for life brings joy to others in your teaching endeavors Jules.
Budgies buggers are everywhere!
Jewels- it was great to see you again at Dordt and hear you play in chapel. Best of luck on the new teaching post.
dude it was great having you around. Are you sure you and dan don't want to come back to Sioux Center and live in West hall?
Check out New Eyes
and see if you recognize the picture. It's for sale if you want to buy it.
I may be a booger flicker but at least I'm not a booger kisser.
bear, who's the artist? did you give her that picture? i would love to see that painting in the flesh. how much is she selling it for?
The artist is Katie Knutson, a good friend of ours. She is the one who did the painting of Gideon in our living room, and the one of Grammy that Grampy has. She knew you guys went to Spain and got the picture off Flickr.
She showed the painting at an art show recently and apparently it got good attention. Just ask her how much she is selling it for, my guess is between $200 and $500. If there is enough interest, she can make prints or postcards of it like she did with these. We're hanging out with them this weekend so I can find out what she intends with it.
Post a Comment