Friday, October 14, 2005

Dan hasn't posted in a while . . .

I have been quite busy the last two weeks and have neglected to post myself, although be certain that I have continued to read fellow blogger sites. High five for all the guy bloggers out there, GUYS RULE, GIRLS DREWL!

I had my first test of my graduate career and I think it went well. I wrote for almost three hours. A bunch of short answer and several essay that turned into not so short answer.
On Tuesday, we drilled a 50 foot well behind the Randall Center in preparation for my Well-drilling trip to Guatemala in Jan. It took all day and was a s-well time. Lots of mud and fun.
Today and Friday and I feel somewhat like a loser. With Julie gone I don't have anyone to hangout with this evening. Jason K is gone this weekend and everyone else has families and the like, maybe when I get home I will have a phone call inviting me over to someones house???? If not I will get some movies from the library, read a book, play guitat and simply be for the evening. Sounds kinda appealing actually.
While Julie is gone I plan on getting lots of long term work done: finalize my thesis proposal (a full time job in itself, review 25 lit sources!!) learn ArcGIS as much as possible (but it is so nice outside right now), hangout with kitty, and other fun stuff. Maybe I will clean the house too . . .. maybe . . . .
Dan

2 comments:

Jewels said...

i really like this idea of you getting tons of work done - that we can hang out a lot when i get home! and i REALLY like that idea you have about cleaning the house . . . :)

Sam and Darcie Gutierrez said...

Hey-- don't let that julie girl trick you into anything Dan! Guys rule and we have to stick together!